Weddings at The Glasshouse
We are delighted to announce that we have been named Scottish Wedding Venue of the Year for the South East Region for 2013!
The stylish and contemporary design of The Glasshouse is perfectly combined with the medieval gothic architecture of the building's original facade, providing a spectacular backdrop for a wedding ceremony in the heart of Edinburgh. Truly unforgettable, the two-acre roof garden and alfresco terraces make The Glasshouse an unforgettable wedding location, overlooking the world famous National Heritage site, Calton Hill. These breathtaking views provide a perfect backdrop for a bride's special day. The rooftop has a dedicated reception room as well as a variety of different spaces to suit each couples personal preferences, guest list and, of course, the weather....
When the day draws to a close, the happy couple and guests can retire to the 65 luxury guestrooms and suites, with views over the Royal City and as far as the Firth of Forth, ensuring a special end to day. The hotel can also be hired exclusively as a wedding reception venue in Edinburgh.
For more information please download our Wedding Brochure and our recommended Wedding Suppliers List.
Capacities for Weddings at The Glasshouse:
Total Numbers: 110 guests
Formal Dining: 80 guests
Standing reception: 110* guests
The Glasshouse Packages
- Wedding Breakfasts: Seasonal or bespoke menu options are available and the bride and groom can enjoy a complimentary tasting prior to the event.
- Wedding Receptions: Enjoy a classic Pimms reception on the terrace or a warming mulled wine in the winter in Edinburgh's finest wedding venue
- Luxury Accommodation: The Glasshouse offers preferential rates on rooms for wedding guests
- Exclusive Hire: Tailor made packages are available if the couple would like to hire the hotel and all 65 rooms exclusively
- Just the bride & Groom: An intimate wedding for just the 2 of you.
Prices are available for weddings, civil partnerships, humanist weddings and wedding receptions by calling 0131 525 8331 or by email the hotel.
The Glasshouse has a licence for civil wedding ceremonies.